Friday, November 13, 2009

Welcome to Drew's Clues

Welcome! You’ve found yourself on Drew’s newly compiled and revamped blog. I realized that if I continue to create new blogs for every trip I take you and I will never be able to keep track of where I am and what I am doing. So this will be an ongoing blog, resembling the state of our river systems in today’s global climate: sometimes a gushing forth of muddy musings, sometimes a stream of consciousness, sometimes a mere trickle of traveling trials and tribulations, and on occasion, a drought due to being sequestered in my cubicle in Atlanta. It also has on it the original blogs from my research in Ghana on maternal death and disability at a large hospital in Kumasi, Ghana over the summer of 2008 as a Minority Health in Research and Training fellow.

This blog is a combination of public health geek statistics and inquiry acquired during my master’s in Public Health at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, and my continuation in public health as an ASPH/CDC Allen Rosenfeld Global Health Fellow. This blog also contains much more personal reflections on the nature of travel (often as a solo female), and experiencing the world.

Drew's Clues represents my continuing quest to better understand myself by understanding the global world I inhabit. Each time I travel I find myself clued into something new and bigger than myself - be it the state of maternal health in Ghana or the religious heterogeneity in Tunisia. I truly believe there is no better way to understand who we are and the synergies that exist between our lives and the lives of men, women and children around the world - especially in terms of public health - than to travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment